- 1 kg whole sea bass, gutted and scaled
- 1 onion
- 2 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 2-3 stalks of celery
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tomatoes, grated
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- juice from 2 lemons
- In a large pot with 2lt boiling water, add the onion, potatoes, carrots, zucchini, celery, parsley and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Boil until the vegetables are cooked (20-25 minutes).
- Remove the vegetables and add the fish in the pot.
- Boil the fish for 20 minutes (until cooked).
- Remove the fish and sieve the broth through a colander, into a clean pot.
- Either serve the sliced vegetables and cleaned fish in the broth with a bit of lemon juice or serve the soup in a bowl and the vegetables and fish cleaned on a side plate.
- Optionally add a few mussels and/or prawns to your soup just 4-5 minutes before you remove from heat.